Key Lime Pie — Low Carb – No Sugar
For the crust:
2 cups sliced almonds
2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
1 – 4 serving size pack Sugar-Free Lime-Flavor Jell-O
1 cup boiling water
2 – 6 oz containers Low Fat Greek Yogurt Lime Flavor
1 – 6 oz Low Fat Greek Yogurt Plain
1 tsp finely shredded lime zest
½ – of an 8 oz. container frozen No-Sugar Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly toast sliced almonds.
- I use a Red Copper pan so I don’t need to add cooking spray. You may need to spray your pan lightly with cooking spray, depending on your pan. I would recommend Coconut cooking spray if you need to use some.
- In a blender or food processor finely crush toasted almonds.
- Add egg and melted coconut oil.
- Process until a smooth dough forms.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Press dough into pie pan and bring up the sides. Poke holes into the bottom of the crust with a fork to make sure steam can escape and your crust won’t crack.
- Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until crust is nicely browned. Set aside to on wire rack to cool.
- Empty Jell-O pack into a medium bowl and add one cup of boiling water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved (couple of minutes). Cover and chill until gelatin begins to set – about 30 minutes. The consistency should be similar to unbeaten egg whites.
- Stir lime-flavored yogurt, plain yogurt, and lime zest into gelatin. Add Cool Whip and gently fold into gelatin mixture. Pour filling into cooled pie shell and chill pie for 4+ hours.
- If you wish, you can decorate your pie with cool whip, lime slices, and/or lime zest before serving.