An absolute delight!
No sugar added, made with almond flour and coconut flour to keep carbs low, Chocolate Cherry Almond Cake it is a diabetic-friendly treat.
(BTW: Thank you to Blaire for this amazing picture! See info below.)
Chocolate Cherry Almond Cake
Coconut Cooking Spray
¾ cup butter
¼ cup Just Like Sugar – Brown (or your preferred sweetener)
4 eggs separated
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup milk
½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
½ cup Coconut Flour
1 cup Almond Flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup Just Like Sugar Table Top (or your preferred sweetener)
1 lb dark cherries
4 oz (½ package) Hershey’s Kitchens Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
2 packs Sugar Free Pudding Mix
½ of an 8 oz tub of Sugar Free Cool Whip
Extra Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
Cherries to decorate
- Pit and then slice cherries in half. A cherry-pitter makes it an easy task.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 13×9 pan (coconut cooking spray).
- Separate eggs.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl: Whole wheat pastry flour, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, Sweetener and set aside.
- Soften butter until creamy, add sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, continue to beat.
- Add vanilla, beat.
- Add about ¼ cup dry mixture at a time to your batter and beat. Then add some of the milk. Alternate between adding some of the dry mixture and adding some milk. Beat in between until everything is well incorporated into a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350° F.
- After 25 minutes take cake from the oven. Add cherries and chocolate chips evenly to the top and return the cake back to the oven for 7 more minutes so the chocolate can melt.
- If you so desire, top cake with Chocolate Mousse, a dab of whipped cream or Cool Whip and a cherry to garnish.
1 ½ cups Almond or Skim Milk
2 (4 oz) packages Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
½ of 8 oz tub Sugar Free Cool Whip
Whisk together Chocolate Pudding and cold milk in a medium sized bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
Once firm, gently fold Cool Whip into pudding mix.
A HUGE THANK YOU to Blaire for taking this amazing picture! Visit her photography site to see some incredible, amazing pictures. BLAIRE’S PHOTOGRAPHY