It’s like dessert for breakfast.
If I hadn’t known this is a healthy breakfast, I would have thought it was Peach-Cobbler. It is that yummy!
You can make this dish the night before, keep it in the fridge and bake it first thing in the morning. Your home will smell heavenly.
Peach Oatmeal Bake
2 cups Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp Just Like Sugar – Brown
2 1/2 cups almond milk
¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 sliced peaches
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 Tbsp Just Like Sugar – Brown
½ Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: Oats, coconut, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and Just Like Sugar – Brown.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: milk, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla. Blend your mixture well.
- Spoon half of your dry mixture into your prepared baking dish. Cover with ½ of your sliced peaches. Spoon the rest of your dry mixture on the top. Cover with the rest of the sliced peach slices. Slowly pour your wet mixture over your oat-fruit layers.
- Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes until your oats are tender.
- 6-8 servings
- Mix together pecans, sugar and cinnamon to make your topping and sprinkle on your Peach Oatmeal Bake while it’s still hot.
- You can easily freeze leftovers. Divide and freeze in portions. Defrost and then warm them in the microwave with 1/4 cup milk and top with berries or other fruit you have on hand.