Living healthier takes one step at a time. Today’s challenge: Eating a healthy breakfast.
We’ve all heard the old saying: “You are what you eat.”
A healthy breakfast fuels your body and revs up your metabolism early in the day.
The way we feed our bodies has much to do with out state of health.
- What we eat
- When we eat
- How often we eat
- How we eat
A healthy breakfast is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. Some people skip breakfast because they “just don’t eat breakfast” or “don’t get hungry that early.” Some believe that skipping breakfast will help them slim down.
However, skipping breakfast is a disservice to your body.
- A healthy breakfast does not make you gain weight.
- Eating breakfast can help you attain a healthy weight.
- A healthy breakfast will help you start your metabolism. That is sort of like starting your body’s engine and helping you use up energy (think calories), starting early in the day and lasting all day long.
- People who skip breakfast often over-eat at their next meal, taking in too many calories.
- If you eat late, let’s say your biggest meal is in the evening, you are eating the bulk of your calories at night, shortly before you lay down to sleep, burning few to none of your caloric intake.
- Eating smaller meals, throughout the day, starting with breakfast, helps you balance your blood sugar.
I challenge myself and anyone who reads this and wishes to live healthier to eat a healthy breakfast every day in order be live a healthier life.
Eating a healthy breakfast helps you live a healthier life