Diabetic-friendly CHOCOLATE CAKE
This cake is absolutely amazing.
- No artificial sweeteners
- No wheat flour
- Low-glycemic sugar
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Just Like Sugar* brown
- ½ cup Just Like Sugar* white
- ½ coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp dandy blend coffee substitute
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (1 can)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil, and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend for 2 minutes.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two baking pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow cake to cool completely. VERY important!
- Frost the cake with Chocolate Icing and decorate. (Recipe below)
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup thick canned coconut milk
- 3 cups Just Like Sugar* white
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut oil (not melted)
Using a food processor, add room-temperature ingredients one at a time in the following order:
- Using a food processor, add room-temperature ingredients one at a time.
- Start with coconut milk.
- Add sweetener.
- Add Vanilla and salt.
- Sift in cacao powder.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut oil.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Mixture will have the consistency of frosting.
- If frosting is too firm, let it sit on counter for a short while to soften.
- Decorate your cake as you desire. I used shredded coconut, almonds, and raspberries.
You can find Just-Like-Sugar on Amazon.