Delicious AND Nutritious CAKE? Can it be?
I couldn’t contain my excitement yesterday when I received a shipment of Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder. I felt like a child on Christmas Eve. I knew there was something delicious in that box and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. I already had a list of recipes in my head I wanted to try.
My first experiment was the Cinnamon Roll Protein Cake. And I have to tell you, it turned out absolutely delicious. What I love most about this cake is that my husband, who has diabetes, can enjoy a treat like this without guilt. The protein powder is packed with plant-based proteins and is a powerhouse of nutrition. It makes me feel good to know that even with a treat like this, we are able to feed our bodies with nutrients our body craves. The sugar used is low-glycemic, so it won’t cause a blood sugar spike, which is important for his health; but beyond that, balanced blood sugar is good for everyone’s health.
Cinnamon Roll Protein Cake
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 28 Minutes
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup Arbonne Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder (Follow this link to purchase)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg or flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seed + 3 Tbsp water, mixed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free / vegan butter, melted
For the cinnamon swirl:
- 1/4 cup dairy-free /vegan butter, melted
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1/4 cup Arbonne Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease round 8″ cake pan.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Add in dairy-free milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Pour better into prepared pan.
- For the cake topping, in a separate small mixing bowl, mix melted dairy-free butter, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon over cake.
- Use a butterknife to swirl topping into the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- For the cinnamon glaze, in a small mixing bowl, combine the Arbonne Protein powder and melted coconut oil. Drizzle over cake.
Why did I get so excited about this cake and this particular protein powder?
Here are the facts that made me excited.
- Plant-powered nutrition
- Powerhouse of nutrition.
- Clean ingredients
- No common allergens
- No artificial colors
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial sweeteners
- A diabetic, can enjoy it because this protein powder is designed with health in mind. It will not spike blood sugar. Perfect!
- Certified Vegan
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Clinically tested
- Certified cruelty-free
The protein powder is generally used as a meal replacement but we have found many ways to incorporate the benefits of this plant-powered nutrition into our life.