Elderberries are a great immunity booster. I take a spoonful of Elderberry Syrup every day, especially during cold and flu season. Those small dark jewels are packed with vital nutrients to ward off and fight, should a virus threaten.
What are Elderberries?
- Member of the honeysuckle family
- Native to Europe
- Shrub or small tree
- Small white flowers in spring, dark berries in autumn
- Dark, ripe berries have many health benefits.
How to choose Elderberries?
- Choose only ripe dark blue, purple, or black fruits
- Don’t eat red or green berries. They are toxic.
- Do not eat elderberries raw. They must be cooked.
How to use Elderberries
- Do not eat raw
- But great as:
- Can be frozen, but always make sure Elderberries are cooked before consumption.