It is import to recognize that your body needs to recover properly after a strenuous workout. If you give your body what it needs, it maximizes your efforts, speeds recovery, and puts you back into top form in no time.
Before a good workout your body needs:
- Gentle preparation, stretching
After a good workout your body needs:
- The more intense the workout, the longer the rest recovery period. Recovery time can take from a few hours to as much as 120 hours, depending on the intensity of your workout.
- Give your body the opportunity to recover through gentle stretching exercises, meditation, and relaxation.
- The harder you work, the more you sweat, the higher the likelihood of dehydration. Your body needs to rehydrate and flush out your system to aid recovery.
- Drink at least 2 cups of water or other hydrating liquids directly after a workout and continue to hydrate the hours following. Though water is a good option, I prefer to drink a sports drink because it provides my body with the extra nutrients my body craves after a workout. I recommend Arbonne’s PhytoSport Hydration line.
Before and after my workouts I use PhytoSport hydration. The delicious drink mixes have made a difference in my endurance, energy, and recovery time. If I hydrate properly and give my body the nutrients it needs, I feel better and reduce muscle soreness.
PhytoSport® Prepare & Endure helps to give your body what it needs before working out. It allows you to be your best from start to finish. Maintaining endurance and energy is crucial to supporting peak physical performance. Carbohydrates, D-ribose and L-carnitine support energy and help prevent the “crash” when you don’t have the fuel you need. Key amino acids support nitric oxide production to help deliver oxygen to muscles and maintain healthy blood flow for optimum performance.
Arbonne PhytoSport® After Workout gives your body what it needs to recover. Exercise is tough on your body. Without a healthy recovery, it can be difficult to bounce back from a strenuous workout. An ideal (2:1:1) ratio of branched-chain amino acids helps alleviate exercise-induced muscle soreness to support recovery.◊ A unique antioxidant from pomegranate helps combat free radicals created during workouts, and carbohydrates help support energy recovery.◊ Add to water, or to the Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake Mix to make a nutrient-rich recovery shake for additional muscle support and repair.◊
- After a good workout it is important to give your body the fuel it needs to recover. Give your body what it craves and needs. Supply your body with food that is healthy, nutritious, and strengthens you. Fueling with junk is counterproductive and over time will cause harm rather than give you the healthy body you want.
Workout Recovery Smoothie
8oz almond or coconut milk
2 scoops Arbonne Chocolate Protein Powder (Plant-based protein, filled with nutrients)
1 frozen banana (potassium)
1/2 cooked beet (fiber, nitrates)
1 Tbsp almond butter (protein, muscle builder)
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
Add liquid to blender.
Add the rest of ingredients.
Fill with water or nut milk to make 16 Oz or to the max fill line.
Blend until smooth.
Garnish with mint or berries if you wish.